This Weekend, UNO Art Show @ Hold Up Art
This weekend I’ll be showcasing two pieces at the Hold Up Art 1-Year Anniversary show, as well as doing a live painting collabo with Codak! Scroll down for preview photos.
UNO: Hold Up Art’s 1st Anniversary Show
In celebration of our official one year anniversary, Hold Up Art will be presenting UNO, a group show sponsored by Viva La Art which opens February 5th from 7-11pm. The show will feature over 20 artists; including many we have had the pleasure to work with over the last year, as well as new artists whose artwork will be showcased throughout 2011.
During 2010, we worked hard to have a strong line up hosting exhibitions almost every 3 weeks. We put together shows featuring amazing California street artists (Marxist Glue), upcoming designers (Graphic Expansion), and cutting edge surreal artists (Parallel Universes). 2010 was an incredible year for art, and we are looking forward to placing our mark on 2011, during which we are proud to add new artists to our core group, including Gosha, a groundbreaking water color artist. THH70 will also be joining forces with HUPA for “some of its parts,” opening 3/5. HUPA will continue to push dialogues that entertain the public, while challenging them to think critically and engage. In October 2011 “Marxist Glue 2″ will pick up where the inaugural exhibition left off, working to display California wheatpaste artists, an ever present force in urban California life, in their natural condition.
As a new gallery trying to find our place in the LA art scene, we have been overwhelmed by the positive responses we have received from artists, patrons and media alike. Thank you for all the support.
UNO Exhibition Details (2/5 from 7-11pm):
-Unveiling of new artwork, live music, and tasty refreshments for all.
- Featured artists: ABCNT, ALEC Monopoly, Codak, Cryptik, Sonny Kay, Lucky Bunny, Eye One, Jeff Jordan, THH70, Allison Torneros, Sean D’Anconia, Root Systm, Charlie Cho, Hella More Funner, Nick D’Attomo, Faith Cavendish, Matt Hodges, Teale Hatheway, Mikolaj, Double D’s, and more.
- Cyrcle will be live silk-screening a variety of their prints and an official HUPA print for $10 each. You can also bring anything you want to get screened, including bags, t-shirts, etc. and we can throw a design on that.
- HUPA will be giving away new Hold Up Art stickers.
- Opening Reception: February 5th, 7-11pm
- On View: February 5th- March 3rd
This Saturday I will be displaying two new pieces:
Acrylic and spraypaint on wood
Here’s a shot of the detail:
I will also be showing ‘The Unraveling’, the piece from my one and only time-lapse video (I really need to make more of those videos soon!)
If interested in any of these pieces, please contact Hold Up Art. Hope to see you there!